Thai Red Curry
Our Recipe of the Month is something that we love giving our readers!
Our authentic and delicious Thai recipes from Chaophraya are all made by Khun Kim, our owner. We appreciate that you can enjoy these dishes in one of our Chaophraya Thai restaurants across the UK, but we want to give you the opportunity to try a few in the comfort of your own home.
This month we’re sharing our ever-loved Thai Red Curry recipe which is one that all the family will love. Not too spicy, this traditional Thai dish is simple and delicious.
- 200g Prawns
- 450ml coconut milk
- 4 red chillies
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 10 Thai basil leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g fine beans
- 50g courgette
- 4 fresh red chillies
- 2 shallots
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- ½ galangal
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush and mix the curry paste ingredients until it forms a thick red paste.
- Place a medium-sized pan on medium heat, add the oil and red curry paste then stir until it becomes fragrant.
- Reduce to low heat and add the coconut milk bit by bit.
- Add the prawns and kaffir lime leaves and allow to cook for 10 minutes, when the prawns are thoroughly cooked add the green beans and courgette.
- Add the fish sauce, salt, sugar, red chillies, Thai basil leaves and stir until warm.
- Turn off the heat and serve. You can enjoy this with jasmine rice.
This is our original recipe Thai Red Curry however you can change your choice of vegetables if you prefer.
We serve this traditional Thai dish in all our Chaophraya restaurants across the UK.
Remember to tag us in your efforts on social media and let us know if you have any requests for next month.