Our authentic and delicious Thai recipes from Chaophraya are all made by Khun Kim, our owner. We want to give you the opportunity to try a few in the comfort of your own home.
This month we’re sharing our ever-loved Thai Green Curry recipe which is one that all the family will love. It does have a little kick, this traditional Thai dish is simple and delicious. This recipe is gluten free and throughout our Chaophraya restaurants, we serve our Thai Green Curry with a choice of chicken, beef or prawns as this is the authentic Thai way of serving the dish.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g of protein & vegetables (we recommend courgettes, onions and green beans)
- 450ml coconut milk
- 50g green curry paste (you can buy this in a supermarket but homemade is best)
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 10 Thai basil leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tbsp fish sauce
Curry paste ingredients:
- 4 fresh green chillies
- 2 shallots
- 2 lemongrass sticks
- ½ galangal
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
Please note - you can make this a vegan recipe by your choice of protein and not using fish sauce.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush and mix together your curry paste ingredients until it forms a thick green paste.
- Put a medium sized pan on medium heat, add oil and stir in your curry paste until it becomes fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add in your coconut milk a little at a time whilst stirring until a green oil surfaces.
- Whilst the curry is boiling, add your protein and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and add in your vegetables.
- Add the fish sauce, salt, palm sugar, red chillies and basil whilst stirring for a few seconds to warm them through.
- Turn off the heat, serve in your favourite bowl over jasmine rice.
We hope you enjoy. You can share your efforts with us on our social channels!