We have one for vegan’s this week. We want to give you a delicious recipe for you to try at home that isn’t costly, is easy to make and is good for the stomach as it is for the soul!
A traditional Chaophraya recipe of stir-fried mushrooms, sautéed with ginger, spring onions and red bell pepper.
Large onion – 200g (1 onion)
Spring onion – 2 bunches
Carrot- 150g (1 large carrot)
Large peppers red/green – 1 each
Button mushrooms – 100g
Enoki mushrooms – 100g
Oyster mushroom – 100g
Wood ere mushroom – 30g
Red chilli – 10g
Ginger root – 50g
Vegetable stock or water – 100ml
Vegetable oil – 50ml
Healthy Boy Soy Bean Paste – 30ml
Soak the Wood Ear mushrooms in hot water for a minimum of 30 minutes to rehydrate. You can easily find these mushroom, Healthy Boy Soy Bean Paste (fermented soybean paste – Thai version of miso paste) and LKK vegan stir fry sauce in any Asian supper market.
- Wash and peel the carrot, onion and ginger
- Cut the ginger Julienne style
- Wash then half the peppers and remove the seeds
- Cut the stumps from button mushroom and slice into 0.5cm size
- Drin the excess water from wood ear mushroom and slice same size 0.5cm
- Roughly tear the oyster mushrooms lengthways
- Clean the spring onion and cut them into 3cm size
- Finely slice the red chilli and carrot from the bottom up
- Diamon cut the onion and peppers
- Heat up the cooking pan and add the cooking oil
- 2. Once the oil is heated add the ginger and stir until fragrant
- 3. Add the onion first to fry then rest of the vegetables apart from the Oyster mushrooms, Enoki mushrooms, Spring onion and chillies (these mushrooms are cook very quickly)
- 4. Once the vegetables are half cooked add the seasoning sauces and keep stirring
- 5. Add the Oyster mushrooms and Enoki mushrooms and stir well
- TIP: If the pan is beginning to dry, add the veg stock/water to keep moisture
- 6. Once the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy add the spring onion and chillies and quickly mix to coat
- 7. Turn off the stove and serve with your choice of boiled white rice or noodles.
We hope you enjoy this Chaophraya recipe!
As always, if you would prefer to leave the cooking to us, book your table at your local Chaophraya here!
Show us your efforts by tagging us on Instagram @Chaophrayathai