Our authentic and delicious Thai recipes from Chaophraya are all made by Khun Kim, our owner. We want to give you the opportunity to try a few in the comfort of your own home.
This week we are bringing you one of our best sellers, the national dish of Thailand. Kim’s own famous recipe of
Thai rice noodles, stir-fried with egg, vegetables and tamarind sauce. You can add chicken, prawn, beef, pork or just have it as it comes with the vegetables.
The below recipe will serve 2.
1. Soak rice noodles for 30 minutes in room temperature water
2. Heat and season the wok. Add chicken and stir fry for a few minutes.
3. Add egg and stir fry. Before the egg is fully cooked, add the noodles, sugar and turnip. Stir fry until all ingredients
are mixed well and noodles are wilted.
4. Add the tamarind and season with fish sauce. Then add bean sprouts, green onions and the red chilli. Stir fry
quickly to ensure everything is well combined.
5. Remove from heat and serve with crushed peanuts and lemon wedge on the side and garnish with coriander.